Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Daily Distractions- Mermaids in the State Park


Daily Distraction 7/3


Good Morning Folks!
Welcome back to Daily Distractions, sorry we where on a bit of a slow spell there for a while! I was getting myself back into the grove of working normally after surgery and it was a bit harder then I expected. Never fear, things are going well and things will be getting back on track! So for a new month, I've been picking my own brain lately trying to think of what to look at this month. Well I think I landed on something everyone may well enjoy!
In July, Daily Distractions will be looking at the smaller places. The roadside attractions that are still open but are often overlooked for the bigger theme parks. So with that I hope you enjoy the ride!


Today's Distraction is an old local favorite of mine!

Most of you have probably never heard of Weeki Wachee State Park, located in Spring Hill Florida or the hidden jewels that swim just below the surface of it's clear, cold waters.

MERMAIDS

Yup. I said MERMAIDS.
No, I haven't lost my mind. At least not completely!

For the last 40+ years Weeki Wachee Springs has had real, live mermaids swimming threw the springs several times daily for your amazement and entertainment. In an underwater theater you get far more then you expect, not only the natural beauty of the springs themselves but their residents are something to behold!

Don't believe me? Take a look! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Carrie,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Spring Hill to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete